Old 17-02-2008, 12:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Peach drooling

Ask around the older members of your community. One of the long range old
school weather forecasters (of the Lennox Walker variety, but I can't
specifically remember which one it was) once wrote that of all those old
wive's tale animal weather forecasters, the "black cockies flying over
screeching" was the only one he actually believed in and found to be a
true rain forecaster.

i'm going to make some observations!!

while watching "ten canoes" on telly the other week, i got the impression
that black cockatoos were/are considered a bad luck bird (because they
made everyone nervous, then after that there was an unhappy incident
within the story etc etc). i might have been seeing things that weren't
there & projecting, though ;-)

Coul dbe something in it. If you think about it, if you wore very few
clothes and lived with very little reliable shelter, you too would think
that rain was bad luck :-))

hm - but the people lived near wetlands (hence the title) so would
appreciate rain... i just reckon they've been freaking people out for
millennia, that's all!!

i love them! they don't bother me at all.

They haven't started eating your house or trees or nippin of the top of
vegetables for 'fun' I assume ;-))

no! the most they ever do (so far!!) is fly about a bit & sit in the big
trees saying the odd "hello cocky" ;-) they must only pass through on the
way to your place g

the bane of my life re vegetables is the frigging wallabies (who are so
adorable i secretly love them of course - but i've had a gutful of their
behaviour). yesterday i found i have lost my second-prize pumpkin, dammit!
all chewed up. and it's been in the lettuces, too, and i have enough
problems with lettuce as it is without some beast chewing half of them off
just when they are going beautifully.

this naughty wallaby is really playing me like a banjo, you know. he is the
master of the random attack after weeks of peace.
kylie