Old 16-02-2008, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Red Spider Mite?? HELP!!!

danny22 wrote:
When I got home today, I saw that 2 of the new shoots out of twelve of
my jasmine looked like they'd been cut off near the soil. When I
looked closer, I saw a little bug - i crushed it so quickly i dont
remember much about it, other than it was small and a rusty colour. is
this a red spider mite? i saw some bug killer at the store that said it
would get rid of all types of mites, is it worth me doing this? if
there was one, is there likely to be loads more? i have looked, both
on the surface and on the plant and not seen anything.

if anyone can help, let me know

thanks all!

red spider mite are seriously small - barely visible - and come in large
numbers so probably not the bug that you squashed.

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames