Old 05-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Natalie

Default Neighbours

..

I find Neighbours from hell to be few and far between.

Or am I just lucky? :-))

Mike

We too have very good neighbours :-))

Our neighbours on one side are the end of terrace and have a gate to the
alley. We in turn have a gate between our gardens, so we are able to have
access to our garden without going through our house. Extremely useful
especially when you are doing building work to the back of your house!A

The gate enables us to keep an eye on each others gardens and water when
necessary. They have a water meter, but we don't. So when their rainwater
butt is empty I allow them to use our outside tap.

We also share plants...especially the climbers between our gardens. There
is a friendly competition each year as to how many flowers my Passiflora has
on each side of the fence. Also their Clematis Armandi intertwines very
nicely with my climbers...saved me having to plant one myself ;-)

They also have an allotment and we enjoy some of their surplus produce...and
of course, there is the reciprocal feeding of each others cats!

Natalie