Old 18-02-2008, 04:29 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Seed potatoes, Sydney, NSw, Australia, where?

"Terryc" wrote in message
Chookie wrote:

Why bother growing spuds? They take up a lot of space for a long period
in the vegie patch but are pretty cheap to buy. Very good if you are
trying to improve your soil, but I don't think I'd bother otherwise.

Err, if you apply that logic,then you wouldn't grow anything.

In reality it is;
1) TASTE; nothing beats stuff fresh from your garden for taste.
2)chemical content; it only has what I put on it (nil).

Fresh grown spuds really are wonderful but spuds also aren't one of the
things that has a lot of chemicals used on them anyway.