Old 18-02-2008, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Help please with clay banking!

"supercat" wrote in message
Hi All,
I live in a house thats cut into a clay banking and as such I have a
clay bank which runs all the way round my garden, Its very steep and
holds up the house above (kind of thing). What on earth can I do with
it? It tends to be damp and in shade a lot of the time.
I was thinking of covering it with landscaping fabric just to keep the
brambles and weeds down, but I'd like to plant some low, slow growing
bushes, like heathers or such-like. You'll have to excuse me as I'm
TOTALLY new to this gardening game and I dont know where to start.
Any advice or ideas will be most welcome,
Yours,
Tim.

ideas:
- Terrace the slope ?
- Ivy, grows quickly, makes good ground cover and stops weeds.

Jenny