Old 18-02-2008, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Red Spider Mite?? HELP!!!

On 18/2/08 03:21, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from Sacha contains these words:
On 17/2/08 18:13, "Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from danny22 contains
these words:

its jasmine polyanthum. my concern, anne, was to dry the compost,
not boil the roots as you so sarcastically said. some of us are
still learning.

It matters not a whit what your intentions were, the result would
be the same!

What amazes me is the fact that some people don't bother to find
out what a plant's requirements are, _before_ problems arise!

I'm afraid one of the problems - especially for beginners - is that
they see a lovely plant, want to own it but all too often, can't find
a member of staff to tell them how to look after it. Too many garden
centres are just plant supermarkets and you probably wouldn't ask the
girl at the Tesco checkout how to cook your monkfish - or not with any
expectation of expert help!

That is true, but with access to the Internet, all the necessary advice
on the care of house plants is there at your fingertips, as it were...

Indeed and the same could be said for gardening, in which case urg becomes
redundant. But actually 'talking' to people with experience is so valuable,
IMO. Some of the advice is conflicting on the internet and on here and
reading the internet alone, you have no idea how much is simply gleaned from
others and stuck onto a site. Here, you might get conflicting advice but at
least you know it's real experiences and can sift through it to make your
own mind up. The people I feel sorriest for on urg are those who come here
expecting failsafe answers to every garden query, as if gardening were an
exact science! There are so many variables at work in gardening - not least
the gardener! - that it makes it all the more fascinating.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk