Old 18-02-2008, 02:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default computer question

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 20:28:03 -0500, "symplastless"
wrote:

No one has answered by original question yet. The two suggestions, thank
you, were not the correct answer. I would like to make a short cut to
turn
off a computer with vista rather than that little button at the far lower
right corner of the start menu. Anybody have a clue?

There is an on/off switch, button, toggle or otherwise on just about
every computer. To properly turn it off is to use the Start menu. The
quick way is to use the on/off button manually. On my Dell Inspiron
9400 there are two buttons, one for Media Direct, another for on/off
located just above the keyboard.

This is funny. The tree shmexpert loves to post his long list of tree
instructions for people to read. But, it's been 4 days since the shmexpert
posted this computer question, and he has yet to read the instructions
available to him for understanding Vista.

Read and puke. I fear this situation will get worse:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...onsbox1&sub=AR