Old 18-02-2008, 09:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Seed potatoes, Sydney, NSw, Australia, where?

In article ,
Terryc wrote:

Chookie wrote:

Why bother growing spuds? They take up a lot of space for a long period in
the vegie patch but are pretty cheap to buy. Very good if you are trying
improve your soil, but I don't think I'd bother otherwise.

Err, if you apply that logic,then you wouldn't grow anything.

ER, yes you would -- you'd favour vegies that are expensive to buy or that
taste significantly better fresh. Asparagus, tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, sweet
corn, for example. But I'm speaking as a back yard gardener with fairly
limited space. I have grown spuds, but they weren't that rewarding IMO --
probably the drought had something to do with it. THey did improve the soil a
bit, but I think the parsnips are doing an even better job.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/