Old 18-02-2008, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JakeD[_4_] JakeD[_4_] is offline

Default Do rats eat slugs?

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:15:59 -0000, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

They certainly eat snails, especially during winter. They also eat worms
and completely stripped one of my compost heaps before I twigged! Slugs I
am not sure, I can not see why not but having watched my hedgehogs ignore
them I begin to wonder if anything eats them from choice!!

Badgers eat them in Winter when other protein is scarce, according to
a nature prog on the tv last night. They even climb trees to find
them! So looks like I might be in luck.. I reckon that if badgers eat
'em, then rats probably will.. Cool! I'd never have guessed a rat
invasion would my garden's salvation...

JD