Old 18-02-2008, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Red Spider Mite?? HELP!!!

On Feb 18, 3:21*am, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these words:

On 17/2/08 18:13, "Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from danny22 contains
these words:

its jasmine polyanthum. *my concern, anne, was to dry the compost,
not boil the roots as you so sarcastically said. *some of us are
still learning.

It matters not a whit what your intentions were, the result would
be the same!

What amazes me is the fact that some people don't bother to find
out what a plant's requirements are, _before_ problems arise!

I'm afraid one of the problems - especially for beginners - is that
they see a lovely plant, want to own it but all too often, can't find
a member of staff to tell them how to look after it. *Too many garden
centres are just plant supermarkets and you probably wouldn't ask the
girl at the Tesco checkout how to cook your monkfish - or not with any
expectation of expert help!

That is true, but with access to the Internet, all the necessary advice
on the care of house plants is there at your fingertips, as it were...

Well, this guy tried to do just that - ask a question on an internet
forum and obtain advice - and got his nose cut off...

Many people buy a plant, or are presented with a plant, and rely on
the advice on the label, and why wouldn't they?
Trouble is, I have often seen very different house plants in stores
(not necessarily garden centres, who seem a little better) bearing
exactly the same label with the same generic advice.

Some of us are still feeling our way around gardening, you know ;-)

Cat(h)