Old 18-02-2008, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Really strong hand trowel

Rob says...
What is the recommended, strongest hand trowel?
I have been through many but, until now all have deformed at the
"neck" when subject to strong, but not abnormal, leverage.
Once bent there, they are permanently weakened.
I need a super-tough variety.
Any recommendations here ?

Ours is really solid and had a number of years heavy use.
It is made by Wilkinson Sword and is stainless steel with a
wooden handle. The Mrs says she thinks we bought it from
Homebase approx 5 years ago.

In the past we've had the cheap all metal ones which bend
at the neck or all plastic ones which just snap. You get
what you pay for.
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.