Old 18-02-2008, 04:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] willcarter@lycos.com is offline

Default Pond question -- suggestions for hiding top of liner

On 18 Feb, 01:26, Joe wrote:
*wrote:
On 17 Feb, 21:16, Joe wrote:
*wrote:
We have a circular pond around 12' in diameter.The rim is paved, but
the slabs don't quite extend over the edge of the pond, leaving a
strip of pond liner exposed. Depending on how much/little rain we
have, this strip ranges from a couple of inches to about a foot above
the level of the water.

Why not just keep enough water in it to keep the level just below the top?

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Easier said than done, Joe. I don't want it to be a high maintenance
pond, having to constantly check the level and top it up (it's some
distance from the house). I actually like the fluctuating level as
it's a natural thing, and prefer that it eventually gets topped up
again with rainwater rather than the chemically water from our mains
supply.

Do you keep fish?

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.- Hide quoted text -

Joe - Well, I did have a dozen thriving goldfish until the heron
visited a few months ago. I will get some more, but will wait till
after the tadpole season.

Jim - thanks, I'll take a look at junipers.