Old 18-02-2008, 09:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default computer question

Bill R wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
symplastless wrote:

No one has answered by original question yet. The two
suggestions,
thank you, were not the correct answer. I would like to make a
short
cut to turn off a computer with vista rather than that little
button
at the far lower right corner of the start menu. Anybody have a
clue?

Hold down the button on the front of the computer for five seconds.

That is an extremely bad suggestion.

The moron wouldn't listen to any of the good ones. If he didn't like
that one I was going to suggest that he shoot it.

Vista is always doing something
in
the background and not going through the proper shutdown procedure
could
result in corrupt files and/or lost data.

This site:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/1...lick-shortcut/
has some information on creating a shortcut to shutdown Vista.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)