Old 18-02-2008, 10:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis Travis is offline

Default computer question

enigma wrote:
Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in
:

Vista has been out for a year now and I had waited 6 months
before buying a new computer with it. There were a lot of
software conversion problems and driver updatings but now
system works great and I prefer to XP pro on older computer
that I still use.

well, you bought it on new hardware, so presumably it has
enough ooomph to run the bloatware. i'm sure tyou wouldn't be
so charmed if you were trying to run it on your older
computer.
but still, what programs are you running on it & did they
also come on the new computer or are they programs you
purchased before you bought the Vista computer? does Vista run
games & if so, which ones?
my uses for a computer are graphics design (Windows sucks),
games (Windows is passable) & email/usenet (Linux is better).
in what way would a Vista "upgrade" help me, who detests
bloatware?

lee

Upgrading an old computer to Vista is not a wise thing to do.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington