Old 18-02-2008, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Help with trees

"danny22" wrote in message

oh im glad to hear its possible, i have been worried that i would have
to get rid of them!

ill select some huge pots for them. i potted my twisted hazel in
peat-free compost as directed, would the same stuff be ok for these
trees? ive heard they shouldnt be potted in regular garden soil because
of various factors. the compost is made from composted bark.

also, does anyone know where i can get cheap pots online? i have to go
to bq at the moment, due to its proximity to where i work and i spend
more time there than at home sometimes, and its quite expensive. they
charge two quid for five 5inch pots - and lets be honest, they probs
cost about 2pence each to make! i shudder to think how much the bigger
pots will cost, anyone know a good website?

many thanks! everyone is as helpful as always

I have no idea what is available to you in the UK, however my climate is
much like that of London, if that helps you. I bought large plastic 'toy
tubs' $5 each, drilled a few holes in the bottom. I've used these for years
for all my 'big plants' on the balcony. Most likely if your hazel is
thriving the trees will do fine in that same planting medium.

Val