Old 19-02-2008, 01:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default computer question

No. Its a question that comes up from time to time on every windows system.
The user doesn't want to "waste" time clicking the double sequence of icons
to effect a shutdown of the PC. One double click on a desktop icon shortcut
is what he's asking for. And, to boot, he's asking for someone else.

Anal, yes. Users still ask for it from time to time irregardless.

--
Dave
"Not@home" wrote in message
news
Vista has a help section that would give pertinent information if you
looked there.

Basically, the system comes with the start button configured to put the
system in the sleep mode; if you want the button to do a complete
shutdown, you reconfigure it as the help section describes. I rather
prefer the sleep mode, as it saves what you were doing and facilitates
restarting. I only shut down the pc completely when I will not be using
it for a day or longer.

symplastless wrote:
I am just starting with Windows Vista. When shutting down I go to the
start menu and down in the far left corner is a little itty bitty button
that if I tag it with the pointer a menu comes up which allow me to shut
down the computer. Is there not a larger button or another way to shut
down the computer. I am trying to teach a client how to use her new
computer. Thanks in advance.