Old 19-02-2008, 01:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default computer question

Jangchub wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:57:15 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

The kid will likely have a growth spurt shortly--they discovered a
while back that one of the side effects of ADHD is that the teenage
growth spurt is delayed, regardless of whether the kid is
medicated.
OTOH, Ritalin wouldn't be the right med for moving legs at night,
which is called "Restless Leg Syndrome" and which among others
Ingmar
Bergman had (no cite--saw him say it to Dick Cavett in an
interview)--he was Swedish and this would have been the '60s or
early
'70s and he apparently had had it for a long time, so I don't think
that one can blame it on anything unique to modern Amercan society.
In any case stimulants are not normally used for its treatment.

Possibly. Not definitely. RLS is not what I was talking about,
though RLS doesn't need a drug either. We use too many friggin
drugs
for everything. Try meditation and relaxation techniques. People
have turn into neurotics.

As a person with ADHD I've _tried_ "meditation and relaxation
techniques". Doesn't work. Too much noise inside the head. "Quiet
it" you say. HOW?

The movement of the legs I'm talking about are when he's on the
couch
and his leg jiggled as he watched television. A jiggling leg on a
kid
is not something which needs medication.

I agree with you there.

Teaching has never been "a great job". Them as can, do; them as
can't, teach. And the pay in Connecticut is hardly "wretched". at
an average of 56K a year. Is New York that much lower?

None of this applies to those of you who are actively involved in
your
children's' lives. I applaud anyone who even has kids these days.

--

Teachers make similar salaries in NY Metro area. Do you know the
cost

So how does that 90K compare with other occupations in the area?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)