Old 19-02-2008, 02:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
G Pearce G Pearce is offline

Default Pond question -- suggestions for hiding top of liner

We have a circular pond around 12' in diameter.The rim is paved, but
the slabs don't quite extend over the edge of the pond, leaving a
strip of pond liner exposed. Depending on how much/little rain we
have, this strip ranges from a couple of inches to about a foot above
the level of the water.

Hi Will - I have a what we call "water worn" rock that rings my pond all the
way around that sits on a shelf ~ 12" below the surface - the shelf was
supposed to be for plants, but most of it being used for rocks as I didn't
like the look of the liner showing above the water either. - Most of the
rock is standing on it's edge, tilted back against the sides and has never
moved. Ergo, I have only rock at the surface down to 10" - 12 " below the
water. The sides of your pond need to be fairly steep for this to work
Gale :~)