Old 05-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Drakanthus

Default Neighbours

Very interesting thread about 'Neighbours from Hell' prompts me to ask
what kind of neighbours other urglers have got and to keep it On Topic,
to what degree they swap either plants, equipment or labour for each
others gardens.

Mike

At our previous house I had to erect a 6 foot wall topped with barbed wire to keep
the neighbours children from damaging our plants (and worse). As an example the
kids forced the lock and broke into one of our near neighbours shed, discovered a
small can of petrol there and proceeded to burn it down, contents and all for the
hell of it. The father of the children said "It was the neighbours fault - he
shouldn't have petrol in his shed". They really were the neighbours from hell.
They were the prime reason for us moving.

Thankfully at our current house the neighbours are great. The neighbours on each
side have fair sized lawns, flower beds but no veg patch. I get all their lawn
clippings for my compost. In exchange I give them cabbages etc. I think having
good neighbours is an essential part of making a good place to live - especially
for us gardening folk who spend so much time outdoors where we are likely to come
across them.
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)