Old 19-02-2008, 06:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Recommendations on online merchant for blueberry bushes and grapevines?

On Feb 19, 12:01�pm, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:
Having trouble finding a good source for blueberry bushes and grape
vines online.

Granted, there are several but it's hard to tell who to trust.

Any recommendations on who to buy from?

Also, kinda hard to find the proper information on blueberry bushes. I'm
under the impression that most require two different cultivars in order
to produce. Which do you think I should go with for zone 6b, Kentucky.

I began my quest for blueberry bushes on line too but after lots of
effort spent with all the confusing claims I decided to buy from a
local nursery instead... and quite a few net sources demanded payment
up front before they'd ship, crap on that. I ended up getting three
times as much plant for three times less money, and no shipping
costs... just drove eight miles down the road, picked em out myself
and drove them home. All 12 plants I bought survived and produced
berries the first year. I got a dozen six year old plants, each in a
five gallon container; $12 each... three each of four different
cultivars, so they'd produce early, mid, and late season. I'm a ways
north from Kentucky but I'm positive if you phone your local plant
nurserys you will find some that sell quality blueberry bushes at
reasonable prices.