Old 19-02-2008, 07:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Too late for tulips?

wrote:

bulbs bought at hardware stores have a really bad track record for even coming up
much less blooming.

Ingrid

I don't find that to be true. I am one of those people that pick up a
lot of "close out" bulbs every year (no matter who is selling them).
I've never had a problem with them not blooming. Usually, around
Thanksgiving, stores here have them for 75 percent off, and, around
here, that is a good time to plant them.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

To see pictures from my garden visit