Old 20-02-2008, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Digital projectors? bit OT

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...

(Just about to get a new Camera so I can increase my scope as required.
Samsung GX-10. Hope to be able to plug it straight into the projector,
but
that is not important)

Hope that helps

Mike

Looks as if http://www.infocus.com/Products/Proj.../IN24Plus.aspx is
the latest model

Mike

Thanks mike it looks good, I will nip up the road and look at one in the
flesh as they have it at PC world (may not buy it from them though!)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Charlie I see someone has mentioned Power Point Presentation coupled to the
Projector. This is what I use.

Not wishing my Grandmother to Suck Eggs, but Power Point is very versatile.
You can for example set a Slide Show up for the people to look at as they
are coming into your show/presentation/talk. This can have background music
if you wish and can keep rolling round. I had a roll round display at RAF
Cosford Parade last year, .... no music there were already people doing too
much talking.

When you come to do your talk, your presentation and slides are already
there a click of the remote or your mouse and the next slide comes up. If
you are giving your talk from your computer, then your mouse pointer on the
screen of the computer appears on the big screen from the projector. "What
you see on the computer they see on the screen"

If you stand up and operate the remote, you can use a Laser Pen to red dot
the big screen.

As someone said, your slides can be copied via a slide copier to your
digital camera and thus the computer.

I have a slide copier for an SLR with 42 mm thread, the new Samsung GX-10
has Bayonet fitting, I need to get an adaptor. Someone also remarked on
having a high Megapix camera, my present has 6, the new 10 so I hope to have
better definition.

Your slides can be chosen as you like for a presentation with PPP and will
stay as it is. I have 3 or 4 PPP's on my computer.

Going down this line you will need an extension lead with two sockets on it,
one for the lap top one for the projector.

Photos can be scanned on a scanner them these put onto computer so your very
old photo's can be done. I 'lifted' a picture of a World War 1 Hospital and
it is now part of a presentation on PPP.

None of this is Rocket Science I have learnt it all in about 18 months.
"Doing it" makes it easy. But I do not consider myself to be an expert on
the technicalities of it all, I am not interested, I just want to press
buttons and there is the picture. I am more interested in the people :-))

Hope that helps.

You know where am if I can help :-))

Best wishes

Mike