Old 20-02-2008, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Digital projectors? bit OT

"K" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham writes
I am hoping to avoid the lap top options (partly because I have not got
one and partly because I have seen people struggle to get the thing up and
running) I am intrigued by the idea of a slide copier attached to the
front of ones camera but I suspect my Fuji finepix S5700 may not be up to
the job, son has a slide copier built into his scanner, but trying to do
anything in his room is all but impossible, it sounds as if I may be able
to get a whole talk copied as a batch so I will look into that. I think
someone has mentioned a back up disk as well!

Whatever set up you end with, I think you would want to be able to create
power point presentations and load them on to your projector. You may be
able to create them at home on your PC then transfer them across, so may
not need the lap top + projector combination.

Powerpoint is an easy way to string a set of slide together for
presentation. You'll soon want to add to that by producing text slides, eg
the title of the talk, or throwing up the name of the garden you're about
to talk about, or whatever, or an 'end' slide that makes it doubly cler
that you have finished talking. All these things are really useful without
entering into the fancy stuff.
--
Kay

Yes I agree, but I am not finding it easy to determine exactly what options
a particular projector has. I do have Power Point which up this moment in
time is unused!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs