Old 20-02-2008, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default Digital projectors? bit OT

On Feb 20, 12:50*pm, Charlie Pridham
wrote:
In article ,
says...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
ET...

(Just about to get a new Camera so I can increase my scope as required.
Samsung GX-10. Hope to be able to plug it straight into the projector,
but
that is not important)

Hope that helps

Mike

Looks as if *http://www.infocus.com/Products/Proj...24Plus.aspx*is
the latest model

Mike
Thanks mike it looks good, I will nip up the road and look at one in the
flesh as they have it at PC world (may not buy it from them though!)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Charlie I see someone has mentioned Power Point Presentation coupled to the
Projector. This is what I use.

Not wishing my Grandmother to Suck Eggs, but Power Point is very versatile.
You can for example set a Slide Show up for the people to look at as they
are coming into your show/presentation/talk. This can have background music
if you wish and can keep rolling round. I had a roll round display at RAF
Cosford Parade last year, .... no music there were already people doing too
much talking.

When you come to do your talk, your presentation and slides are already
there a click of the remote or your mouse and the next slide comes up. If
you are giving your talk from your computer, then your mouse pointer on the
screen of the computer appears on the big screen from the projector. "What
you see on the computer they see on the screen"

If you stand up and operate the remote, you can use a Laser Pen to red dot
the big screen.

As someone said, your slides can be copied via a slide copier to your
digital camera and thus the computer.

I have a slide copier for an SLR with 42 mm thread, the new Samsung GX-10

I am hoping to avoid the lap top options (partly because I have not got
one and partly because I have seen people struggle to get the thing up
and running)
I am intrigued by the idea of a slide copier attached to the front of
ones camera but I suspect my Fuji finepix S5700 may not be up to the job,
son has a slide copier built into his scanner, but trying to do anything
in his room is all but impossible, it sounds as if I may be able to get a
whole talk copied as a batch so I will look into that.
I think someone has mentioned a back up disk as well!
--

Just my 2 penneth, you can get slide scanners that take a batch of
slides and scan them. I got my projector use from ebay for 350 a