Old 20-02-2008, 08:30 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
David in Venezuela David in Venezuela is offline

Default Chromosone Counting

I have a very large collection of Adenium from all over the world and
am very active in hybridizing them. I have around five cultivars
which are very large in all their parts and I strongly suspect that
they may be tetraploids. I have just purchased a digital microscope
with all the trimmings and I have a scientific background although now
retired.

Can anybody put me in touch with a web site which would explain how to
prepare slides so that I can count chromosones or give me any info on
this.

Also all breeders of Adeniums have a compatability problem. Only
about 1 hand pollinated cross in 10 produces a seed pod. I would like
to check the viability of the pollen - again can anyone let me have
details how to do this?