Old 20-02-2008, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_123_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_123_] is offline

Default rhubarb

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 1:50 pm, K wrote:
Fred writes

Hi,

I have inherited a few rhubarb plants on my allotment. I don't know
what variety they are; are there many different types of rhubarb?

Yes, quite a few.

What should I do with it? I think I heard them saying on radio4 that
it spread like I weed. Did I hear correctly? Will I have to keep my
eye on it?

No, it doesn't spread. You don't need to worry about that.
--

They don't spread, but they do grow quite big. So if all the OP has
seen of his rhubarb is their just out of winter state, he may be in

Cat(h)

Been picking mine while it has those lovely deep red stems, delicious with a
nice dollop of clotted cream

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com