Old 20-02-2008, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Digital projectors? bit OT

On Feb 20, 3:38*pm, K wrote:
Charlie Pridham writes

"K" wrote in message

Powerpoint is an easy way to string a set of slide together for
presentation. You'll soon want to add to that by producing text
slides, eg *the title of the talk, or throwing up the name of the
garden you're about *to talk about, or whatever, or an 'end' slide
that makes it doubly cler *that you have finished talking. All these
things are really useful without *entering into the fancy stuff.

Yes I agree, but I am not finding it easy to determine exactly what
options a particular projector has. I do have Power Point which up this
moment in time is unused!

Well, it will be - it's once you have a projector that it really comes
in to its own! It's like before you're on the internet - at first you
can't really see any use for it for the things that you do, but once you
have it, you find it really useful. I'm really saying, though you don't
use PP at the moment, don't shut it out as an option when you choose
your projector, because it will make life easier, even though you don't
see any possible use for it now.

The projector will project whatever you throw at it - given suitable
hookable technology, laptop, dvd player, tv, or whatever else will
work with it - whether or not you have PPT.
But I do agree with you about PPT. I use it for work all the time,
and have even used it on social occasions, including a "this is your
life" kind of effort for a friend's party. It's a software package
well worth learning how to use.

Cat(h)