Old 20-02-2008, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Digital projectors? bit OT

In article et,
says...
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:55:03 -0000, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Quiet tip, try to remember to edit out all but the relevant parts of the

Many thanks for all the detailed info, and especially your comments re
quality of scanning.

This is where I support Sacha's intimation that getting a lab to do it
will be far better. The gadgets that fix to a camera produce acceptable
results but how do you consistently and evenly illuminate the slides, what
colour temperature light source and so on. A proper lab should have
professional kit and will produce consistent results.

You may have to spend some time cleaning and checking your slides before
handing them over for scanning but this will be time well spent. You don't
want your digital images covered in dust spots....

You may have to send them away but I'd still look to see if there is a
photolab nearby that can do it. Talk to them, 2000 slides is a fair bit of
work and if they care they'll want to do it properly.

Sorry about the snipping! I do not have the same news reader on both
computers, this one snips automatically, the other does not. (well thats
my excuse anyway!)
I shall pursue slide copying options first wet day we get, been gardening
furiously to get ahead in the dry.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk