Old 20-02-2008, 09:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Ping Billy The Water cure 1902

In article
,
Bill wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Bill wrote:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...fa_fact_kramer

Take a step forward and then two steps back. Manifest destiny my ass.
What goes around comes around around and around.

You mean like regime change in Hawaii, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El
Salvador, Chile, Panama, Iran, and Hati, and the Congo. Attempted regime
change in Cuba (300+ acknowledged assassination attempts on Fidel).
Attempted regime change in Venezuela, where we nearly got Chavezed
killed. Support for South Africa (we told them where to find Mandela).
Military support for Indonesia during the bloody repression of East
Timore. And of coure the ever popular aiding and abetting in the theft
of Palestinian land and subsequent efforts at ethnic cleansing (see
video of "Death in Gaza" if you haven't already).
Then there is the matter of the aftermath of the Watergate break ins
which lead to the "Church Committee"(1975), referring to the United
States Senate Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations with
Respect to Intelligence Activities, and the Rockefeller Commission
(1975), a.k.a. U.S. President's Commission on CIA activities within the
United States which chronicled the use of the CIA and the Mafia to
assassinate world leaders and and to discredit anti-war and civil rights
leaders in the United States. All of whose good works have been undone
by the so-called "Patriot Act".
The set piece of bigotry, brutishness, ignorance, and greed that
has for so long been a given in American political life is alive and
well.

Neil young BTW just said music wonąt change the world a few days ago.

Hell, Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers were barely sufficient.

Bill placing a seed order in a day.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
ICAO = KMIV Millville Weather

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant
a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

From what I'm reading in "Collapse" by Jarod Diamond, most societies
that have failed, started with deforestation. So good on you Bill. I'm
also becoming convinced that planting a garden is a revolutionary act.

Viva Fidel

I read Diamond's book titled "Germs Steel etc" it's been a while.

Anyway since you like pop corn.

http://www.amazon.com/War-Game-Cullo...r_1_2?ie=UTF8&
s=dvd&qid=1203540287&sr=8-2

or

http://tinyurl.com/3577kh

Bill who wonders if the highlanders had won. Dam Campbell's must
always have the right. Anyway before I ramble on too much. This is an
5 star DVD. Been thinking about this film since I saw it on TV long
ago.

This realism is like an x-ray machine, it needs to be taken in small
doses, otherwise it can fry the brain. I just finished watching "Osama",
a Pashtun film. It makes "Death in Gaza" seem like a musical comedy. I
got to get the bad taste out of mouth before I watch anything like that
again. Oh, for anyone reading the post, it isn't bin Laden.

In a lighter vein, a Hoag Kilt? Hope you have the legs for it. Not to
mention a sharp wintery breeze could freeze your knickers and anything
else in that general vicinity. Except for the connection to the Scottish
film "Culloden". I don't see the connection. Might there be a site where
I could feast my eyes on a handsome Hoad plaid?

PS All I want for Christmas is A Hoag Kilt go figure.

When I think of Scotland, I think of Scotch and John Knox. With any luck
at all the former will wash away the memory of the latter. I hope that
Scottish pubs are as welcoming as Irish pubs, where a man can go and
drink, and become bellicose, lachrymose, and comatose of an evening.

'ere's mud in your eye.
--

Billy

Bush, Cheney & Pelosi, Behind Bars