Old 05-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Serendipity

Default Speaking of Hogs, when did you see your last hedgehog?

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 21:41:31 +0100, "Rog" wrote:

Come to think of it, I haven't seen one for a quite a long time, a definate
decline, usual road kills are badgers.
(East Leicestershire)

On/In the green in the centre of the small cul-de-sac where
I live - close to the cetre of Plymouth (God's Own Country) -
I saw two last evening. We've had several resident families of
them for well over thirty years. Their capacity for slugs etc
would appear to be over-stated, as our gardens appear
to possess the biggest snails in the Souh-West.

Also frequently seen are squirrels, which come a-visiting
from nearby Central Park.

Until three years ago, we would frequently hear dog foxes
barking at night during the season, but thankfully they
appear to have moved on.

Until a couple of years ago we were also blessed with
many small birds, but with the advent of herring gulls, they
are giving the area a wide berth, more's the pity.