Old 20-02-2008, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan holmes alan holmes is offline

Default parasene weed wand/"paraffin burner"

"Fred" wrote in message
Hello,

The allotment chairman suggested I use a paraffin burner to clear the
allotment. What is one of those? I saw a couple of other allotment
people carrying parasene weed wands; do you think he meant this and I
misheard him? How good are they? I thought they had poor reviews on
this group? What do you do with them, just scorch the weeds and dig
them up a week later?

I found them to be a complete waste of time, all they did was to kill off
the leaves and leave the roots to grow on.

Don't waste your money.

Either dig the plot over or use a weedkiller.

Thanks.