Old 21-02-2008, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Digital projectors? bit OT

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:04:35 -0000, Mike wrote:

There are clearly a lot of variables to take account of before making a
move.

There are indeed and good luck in your search :-))

I think the hardest one will be finding a projector that has card slot of
some sort, they might exist and be able to display various image formats.

I doubt very much he'll find one that can run PP presentations as that
would mean it essentially having a PC in side and a copy of Windows...
Though having said that I just bunged "projector card slot" into google
and up popped the Panasonic PT-P1SD. This has a slot and software to
convert a PP presentation into a series of jpegs that it can display from
an SD card. Several other makers also have machines with slots.

So projector and memory card is certainly an option but you'd still need a
PC with card reader/writer (maybe your camera) to generate the "slides" in
the first place.

--
Cheers
Dave.