Old 05-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Kay Easton

Default Great Horticultural Disasters

In article , Larry
Stoter writes
Andy wrote:

Has any ever done anything really stupid concerning plants?

I have. I once sterilised my brewing equipment in the bathroom
without removing the house plants first. Result? Instant acid rain
from the sulphur dioxide leading to everything dying within half an
hour.

Andy

On the Beds/Herts border, where I live, there seems to be an enthusiasm
for planting Monkey Puzzle Trees in small front gardens.

They do that in Leeds too :-)
I've seen then within 2 ft of a house.

There's also a whole grove of them along the edge of the inner ring
road, about 6 ft from the carriageway. They look very striking,
underplanted with pampas grass.

But I guess they'll be changing the planting when it gets out of hand.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: