Old 21-02-2008, 06:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Ping Billy The Water cure 1902

In article ,
Charlie Underlogg wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:48:41 -0800, Billy wrote:

In article
,
Bill wrote:

And when I saw America you know it blew my mind

Thanks to Charlie.

I sure hope that they remembered that he was wedged under the log, out
in the yard. It's been gettin' cool at night, up there along the Iowa
border.

Ahhh, indeed....'tis comforting that someone remembers poor old
Charlie, mouldering under the log, suffering in his "self-imposed"
exile. As the mood came upon me, I needed to abandon the party for a
while. Much to the chagrin of many of youse, said exile *may* be
coming to it's usual, temporary end. Cycles of life.

Such is life.

Cool doesn't quite do justice to what lies under the log here, Billy!
It is effing cold here, and this is really unusual for mid Feb round
these here parts, for this long a period. 2F right now as I return
from viewing the eclipse. And it looks to continue for a spell.
(pssssssst, can you say climate change).

Lots of thinking was done this winter, mostly not of the "uplifting"
sort. Working thru life and possible futures, yet *trying* to remain
grounded in, and aware of, the immediate moment. Whew.

"If way to the better there be, it exacts a full look at the worst."
~Thomas Hardy

Lots of truth there and wisdom to be gained from adopting that
viewpoint, my friend.

Trying to catch up on some long neglected literary work, freely
available from the Gutenberg Project, but am having some vision
difficulties due to vitreous hemorrhage in my spare eyeball, though it
is slowly resolving and improving, due in part to a self-developed
herbal and nutritional program and in part to time. Spent the better
part of several months sober, with the help of one particular herb,
believe it or not. Said herb also aids in moderation, as I am not
willing to give up my breakfast barleywine. All this will no doubt
lead to further discussions of herbal efficacy related to BP and
various other ailments that plague mankind (I dropped BP from 195/125
to 145/85 and eliminated pain from Arthur in a couple months with herbs
alone. P***ing like a horse, I am.)

Lots of gardening ideas in me addled pate. The ice storm we had before
Xmas eliminated the large tree in the patio area, so the area will be
converted to edible landscaping. Will be fun and a good exercise in
containers and small raised beds and support systems.

I see OtherBill has re-invented his name. Greetings to ya' again,
otherBill W. I have lots of new/old music......it was a great comfort
during the really dim vision times.

At any rate, I'm checking out opening the blinds again and seeing what
is happening "out there".

Watch yer back, old man........I must assume you are keeping abreast of
current events! ;-)

Care
Charlie

Old man! Smarty pants wippersnapper, I oughtln' be bending you over my
knee and givin' you a damn good hiding. Hurummph.

I been keepin' an eye on you boy, just glad you ain't froze your kester
off. Looks damn cold from where I sit. Thank god the rain is here. I was
running out of firewood.

Anyway, you been under that log long enough. Time to give some other
poor critter a chance to hunker down. Glad you showed up. The regulars
are startin' to go at each other again. What they really need is some
fresh meat to claw at.

Nice to have you back.
--

Billy