Old 21-02-2008, 07:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Begonia Tubers

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:23:17 +0000, chazer
wrote:

Hi,
I have grown begonia tubers for my hanging baskets for the last few
year and to start them I put them into individual pots in soil from a
peat based grow bag and they grow great. I have just planted them in
the pot's for this year and I have just noticed the grow bag is Peat
Free which I must have bought by mistake. Will they still grow OK as I
know they like peat. Or will I have to re-pot them.

Thanks.

I'm not a begonia expert but I suspect there will be a "set back" if
they have been in their new pots for over three weeks. I'm sure you
don't have to repot them. If you like to experiment, repot one in
your favored peat mix and see which one grows better.