Old 21-02-2008, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Base for shed

On 21/2/08 12:47, in article , "Honeysuckle Bunch"
wrote:

"alan holmes" wrote in message

"Honeysuckle Bunch" wrote in message
Any advice would be welcome. I need a base for a shed 6ft x 8ft, I have
had one quote for £400.00 for labour only, I am to supply the materials
i.e. cement, sand, chippings and paving slabs. I was told to buy 10 bags
of each.

It seems a bit expensive as I have seen Hawklok tiles which would be
quite cheap in comparison and I could lay them myself.

Does the shed have floor built in?

Yes it does.

If so you only need to lay a few slabs to keep it off the ground.

Thanks, I think that that is the way I shall go.

That's what we've done here. Some slabs of concrete are on the ground just
back from the edges of the shed so that rainwater runs straight off it and
doesn't pool around it on the concrete.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk