Old 21-02-2008, 10:11 PM
chazer chazer is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazer View Post
Hi,
I have grown begonia tubers for my hanging baskets for the last few year and to start them I put them into individual pots in soil from a peat based grow bag and they grow great. I have just planted them in the pot's for this year and I have just noticed the grow bag is Peat Free which I must have bought by mistake. Will they still grow OK as I know they like peat. Or will I have to re-pot them.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you both for replies.

Val,
Thankfully I will not have to re-pot if you say they were ok with you. I have always used peat based soil but for some reason I picked up wrong bag and planted tubers. That's a good idea for the heat underneath. I plant mine in pots put them in a propagator then bring them into the house at this time of year until it gets a bit warmer.

Thanks again.