Old 21-02-2008, 11:14 PM posted to austin.gardening
loydb loydb is offline

Default First asparagus of the year. Mmmmm.

My 3-year-old asparagus bed has started yielding! I didn't touch it
the first 2 years. I just broke off a half-dozen stalks and
immediately tossed them into a small saute pan with about a quarter-
teaspoon of butter, finished with some kosher salt. My god these are
good. And even better, my wife doesn't like asparagus, so it's
*mine*!!!!!

Other than herbs, I think this is going to be it for the garden this
year. Too much traveling over the spring and summer ahead.

loyd