Old 22-02-2008, 01:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
eeyore eeyore is offline

Default large flower stalk

Thanks,

Did the second photo help at all? I had similar suspicions as to the
search for sun. Sadly it seems to want to bloom in late winter. Perhaps
I'll have better luck this time around.

"Ray B" wrote in message
Like Diana, I can't tell a thing from the photo, but I can put forth the
observation that anything putting out that long of an inflorescence is
trying to reach out - above everything else where there is lots of sun -
to make itself seen.

I have an Oncidium maculatum that does that, and it has performed much
better since I moved it to very bright conditions.

"eeyore" wrote in message
I have this orchid that each year puts out this long flower stalk that
then dies before flowering. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone identify
the type of orchid? Thanks.