Old 22-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny22 View Post
Hi all

I have just been bought a Twisted Hazel Tree from a colleague at work, and I'm not so sure on how to take care of it! I can't put it in the ground yet until I start on the garden. it is in a a 10inch pot and is about 4 and a half foot tall, so i think the pot is too small. i know they like partial sun, is there anything i need to know?

many thanks!
I had a twisted hazel and grew it in full sun in the middle of my lawn. Unfortunately it died because someone wasn't careful enough with a strimmer and debarked it at the base. If you have to wait to plant it, given its size, I would be inclined to put it in a bigger pot until you can. For a bit of fun, I started twisting the twisted outer twigs together just to make it look a bit different.