Old 22-02-2008, 12:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
eeyore eeyore is offline

Default large flower stalk

thanks much for the information...hope it holds out a little longer until
the sun moves more this way

"Wendy7" wrote in message
news
Laelia anceps & it's hybrids are blooming now. They need very high light
to bloom.
Cheers Wendy
"eeyore" wrote in message
Perhaps a better photo, if not I could post another later. Thanks for
your quick response.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
I can't see enough of the plant. With that long spike, could it be a
Schom?
Anyone?

Diana

"eeyore" wrote in message
I have this orchid that each year puts out this long flower stalk that
then
dies before flowering. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone identify the
type of orchid? Thanks.