Old 22-02-2008, 06:58 PM
sweetspanishfly sweetspanishfly is offline
Registered User

Location: Southampton

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I have two pernettya shrubs in my garden; one is supposedly a male plant,
the other female. Every spring/summer both plants get lots of little white
flowers, but I have never had any berries from either plant. They were
planted about 3 or 4 years ago (semi-shade, moist) and are doing well
otherwise.

Does anyone have any advice on what I need to do to persuade these shrubs to
produce berries?

Thanks.
David
Remember, that if you have only two of these shrubs, they must be one male and one female. I would suggest that you have two of the same. A local nursery told me a while ago that these shrubs are very hard to tell between M and F.