Old 22-02-2008, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default New Garden Plot Advice

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
I've got a new plot which I'm going to work out for a vegetable garden
this spring.

Size: 34' X 50' - 1700 SF

It's currently lawn sod which I will be killing off by mowing it to ground
level and tarping it with black plastic for a month+.

I've done the 'plastic thing' several times to kill off lawn and other stuff
to create a garden plot. I've found that clear plastic works much better
than black. Because of the light things really stick their heads up only to
get really nuked when the sun hits, even on a cold day.

Val