Old 23-02-2008, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Soil Acidity

Steve Wolstenholme wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:40:09 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Having just tested my allotment soil, it was coming out at a ph of
about 8+, however I didn't have distilled water to hand so possibly
the local water skewed the true reading, is this likely, the water on
it's own was fairly alkaline?.
Anyhow, should it be required, what do you add to the soil to make it
more acidic?

Many thanks

Peter

Peter,

You can make soil more acid with an annual dose of Sequestrine of
Iron.

The easiest way to make it more acid is to only use rain water and
just wait for a few years!

Steve

http://www.rhs.org.uk/Learning/Resea...ts/acid_pH.htm