Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
animaux

Default Planting wildflower seeds in fall

I rough up the soil, put the seeds down, sprinkle it all with some compost to
cover and water. I keep it moist till I see germination. Bluebonnets lay
dormant on the soil in a flat rosette all winter. I planted plants last year
and I have bluebonnets coming up everywhere now.

On 16 Oct 2002 22:54:22 -0700, (Jeff) wrote:

Hello,

Seems like everyone recommends planting wildflower seeds in the fall,
so I thought I'd give it a try this year.

Being new to this, I thought I'd ask to see what kind of success
everyone has had. For example - do the young plants really survive
the winter? Do they really get a better head start than if they were
planted in the spring? Am I better off starting them off indoors?

In case it matters, I've got the following seeds:

Texas Bluebonnet
Prairie Larkspur
Tahoka Daisy
Mealy Blue Sage
Cutleaf Daisy

If anyone has experience with this, let me know - thanks!