Old 24-02-2008, 12:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Bees

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:14:44 -0800, Billy
wrote:

And the hits just keep on coming. More on our pollenating friend.

Hard winter for honeybees
Local beekeepers attribute unusual loss of hives to strange disorder,
many other factors

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/articl...23/1033/NEWS01

This sounds very serious to gardeners and farmers. I've already
talked with two beekeepers. Will plant some extra flowers to help
draw in the bees to my garden this year.

Last year I got completely engrossed in watching a bee work an echinacea
bloom and packing the pollen into its' saddle bags. Then there's
watching the first couple of zuchs fizzle and then everything getting
back on track when the bees show up.
--

Billy

Bush, Cheney & Pelosi, Behind Bars