Old 24-02-2008, 01:55 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Ann Ann is offline

Default Bees

phorbin expounded:

In article ,
says...
phorbin expounded:

http://bushfarms.com/bees.htm

Michael Bush has forgotten more about bees than most people ever know.

That was my thought.

My wife (organic gardener and activist) was, if I recall correctly
pointed to the site by the Canadian Green Party Agriculture Critic, who
is an organic beekeeper.

Do you keep bees?

Yes, we do. We have three apiaries and right now have ten hives, but
that will grow this season. We're 'backyard beekeepers', we do it for
the enjoyment of it, we do sell honey, but it isn't a major portion of
our income - heck, it'll take us years to pay back the investment in
equipment! But it's lots of fun, and the learning is amazing.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts