Old 24-02-2008, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default rhubarb

Stewart Robert Hinsley says...
In message , nicksey
writes

Hi All,

On this rhubarb topic, i have a rhubarb that I planted in a large
container about 2 years ago, it has never produced anything other than
thin strappy stems, is this because its in a container or do i just
have a poor plant

Thanks for any advice

If I understand correctly, rhubarb has a reputation for being a hungry
(and thirsty) plant, so it's quite possible that it wouldn't be happy in
a container, unless appropriately cosseted.

I grew one successfully in a large container (a builders
tub with suitable holes and drainage added) for a few years
- it had lots of feed and cosseting though.
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.