Old 24-02-2008, 03:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Cucumbers

KINAISAAC1943
wrote in :

I am trying to grow cucumbers in pots for my greenhouse, I
use seed compost and three" fiber pots I put them on a cool
window as soon as they start to shoot, they come good but
when they get to 3/4ins fast and then they just seem to
collapse and die what am I doing wrong

what temperature is the greenhouse? is the compost
sterilised?
cucumbers are a hot weather crop. the seedlings need to be
warm (above 70F). if your greenhouse or the 'cool windowsill'
is much below 68F they're getting too cold. are you getting
fungus or just falling over wilting?
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair