Old 24-02-2008, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default dividing bamboo

On Feb 21, 10:10*am, seneca wrote:
'beecrofter[_2_ Wrote:

;775104'] seneca

Because your manipulations destroyed the balance between roots and top
growth go ahead and remove about 1/3 the leaves. *Take your time and
remove only the leaves. This will bring the plant into balance and
make it recover and look better.

do you think I should remove the top 1/3 of each individual cane, or
did you mean I should just remove the leaves and leave the canes at
their original 3.5m height?

--
seneca

just the leaves, they will be replaced in another season if all is well